NaNoWriMo is in full swing and have been hearing a lot of internet talk about how many words people are writing each twenty-four hours. Which got me thinking, "But how many words are you READING a day?"

I will go alee and translate that into "How many pages are you READING a day?" considering we all know that give-and-take counts are for writing and page counts are for reading. If you tell me the "number of words" you read every mean solar day I am going to assume yous are Rosie, the Jetson'southward Robot Maid. Or Skynet.

I gauge I should get first and make an example of myself, but I'm agape I'thou a more inconsistent example than I would like to be. Here'due south how it normally goes. When I'm reading a book I REALLY like, I'll usually read twenty pages at tiffin and 50 to a hundred pages at night before bed.

Then that's with a book I actually like. When I'g "Eh… I mean… it's okay… you know…in a whatever sort of mode…" almost a book, I'm not reading that book at lunch, let'southward be real, I'm reading Twitter and bride blogs. At night, sometimes I'll read that "Eh" book for twenty, xxx pages. But more likely I'll but become my barrel on Hulu and watch an hour of Tv set. I know I will NEVER honey an episode of a Goggle box show the fashion I love a chapter of a great book. And still, a decent hour of TV is usually going to win over fifty pages of a tedious volume. For me. If this is NEVER you, congratulations, I'm really glad you never read boring books. Or I'grand glad you do read boring books and just are never bored because you are a ameliorate person than I am. As well, do you take superpowers? Or are you lot function-God? Or, similar, SOMETHING?

I really admire people who, rain or shine, hell or highwater, read a book a calendar week. Or, wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, two books a week. Just I tin only read a book a week if I'm infatuated-bordering-on-in-honey-with that volume. If I'k half-hearted nigh my reading material, I might start two or three books a week, tallying up an embarrassingly low nightly page count with each. I mean, depression in the double digits. I still hit double digits! Simply if it's a book that I'm more than bored/annoyed with than engaged/excited by, those double digits are BARELY double.

I'1000 so curious about what other people's reading habits are. Spill, delight! Is your schedule regular or all over the place? And do you observe yourself reading about the same amount or does it vary wildly depending on the volume and where you are fourth dimension and focus-wise in your life?

I'k hoping y'all're a more regularly prolific reader than I am. At the same time, I wouldn't mind some solidarity over here in Camp Inconsistent…